Books on Queue

Last December 2010, I received 5 new books from friends as Christmas gifts.

The first one is Paulo Coehlo's By the River Piedra, I Sat Down and Wept. I am currently reading this book and I plan to finish it this weekend. This was given by Edmond. In one of our chats, I mentioned to him that I like to read this book, he remembered he has 2 copies of it, he thought that he lost his copy and when he bought the second copy, a friend returned the first one to him. So he gave the second one, still unopened, to me last Christmas. :)
The second book that I received was from Lianne. I personally hand-picked this book and asked her to buy it as her Christmas gift to me. ;) I already read 80% of the book in December. This book is a lifetime guide so I can read it as the need arises. ;) By the way, the title of the book is "The Power of Prayer to Change Your Marriage" by Stormie Omartian.

Next on my list is by Emily Giffin entitled Love the One You are with. I got this from our Kris Kringle, for the "final gift," my friends and I agreed to make a wish-list and we posted it in our gift box so our "mommy" can see it and grant our wish. I listed 5 books from which my mommy can choose from. Thank God she's generous, she gave me two out of the 5 books that I listed. The other book she gave me is Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook. 
The last book was a gift from Gillian. I've been wanting to buy this book since I first saw it and then momentarily forgot about it. Thanks to Gill, she really knows my choice especially when it comes to books. This book is entitled How to Walk in High Heels (A Girl's Guide to Everything) by Camilla Morton. I already browsed the contents of the book and I can assure you that this is a must-read for all of us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

new year, new hope, new life, new me

Books on Queue

1. By the River Piedra, I Sat Down and Wept- Dec. 2010 - 28Jan. 2011
2. Love the One You are With- 30Jan. - 5Feb. 2011
3. The Power of Prayer to Change your Marriage
4. The Notebook
5. How to Wear High Heels- 6Mar. -
6. The Broker
7. One Fifth Avenue
8. One Day- 6Feb. - 5Mar. 2011
9. Dalai Lama's Little Book on Wisdom
10. Dalai Lama's Little Book of Inner Peace
11. Eleven Minutes
12. Green is the New Black
13. Tipping Point
14. Blink
15. Not Buying It
16. The Devil and Ms. Prym

Things I Love...

Travel:

1. Cebu and Bohol - Mar. 2007
2. Boracay - Oct. 2008
3. Vigan and Laoag - May 2009
4. Laiya, Batangas (Acuatico) - May 2009
5. Malaysia and Singapore - Apr. 2010
6. Bagac, Bataan (Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar) - May 2010
7. Davao - Jan. 2011

Movies:

1. The Tourist - 9 Jan. 2011
2. Love and Other Drugs - 4 Feb. 2011
3. The Mechanic - 14 Feb. 2011
4. Unknown - 20 Feb. 2011
5. Just go with it - 25 Feb. 2011

Starbucks Adventure

1. Cebu Ayala
2. Camp John Hay
3. Lipa
4. Solenad
5. Boracay
6. Corinthian Hills - 29 Jan. 2011
7. Katipunan
8. Intramuros
9. SM Sky Garden
10. Bacolod
11. Jupiter
12. Tagaytay
13. 32nd and 7th

More Lists...

Places to Explore:

Batanes
Bellarocca, Marinduque
Bacolod
Caramoan, Camarines Sur
Camiguin
Palawan
Seoul, South Korea
Paris, France
Rome and Venice, Italy
Barcelona and Madrid, Spain
Geneva, Switzerland
Prague, Czech Republic
United Kingdom
United States

Movies to watch:

Date Night
Inception
Twilight
New Moon
Eclipse
The Switch
Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
Valentine's Day
The Book of Eli
Alice in Wonderland
When in Rome
Back-up Plan
Shrek 3
Shrek 4
Toy Story 3
Taken
I am love
Titanic: How It Really Sank
The Kids Are All Right
The King's Speech
Black Swan