Pleasant Detour
Last 29 January, mi amiga Lianne had our first Starbucks' stop in Corinthian Hills. We initially planned to go to Intramuros but had to detour. In my post about this first stop, I mentioned that it was a pleasant detour. Now, I will write the reason for the detour and why I call it pleasant.
Mi amiga Lianne and I would like to "document" our Starbucks adventure so having a camera is a must. I've been contemplating into buying a digicam, my third digicam, the first two malfunctioned only after a year of usage. I lived without a digicam for more than a year and only used my lomocam Chelsea.
I started looking for a digicam third week of January, I wanted to buy Lumix LX5 but found it too expensive so I looked for another brand, Ricoh. I learned about Ricoh from Daphne Osena-Paez, it is a Japanese brand. I found what "fits" my budget and Ricoh CX2 passed the quality of photo that I was looking for. The night before we had our first stop, I went to the mall to buy Ricoh CX2 but I was told that the display unit is the only one they have! I didn't buy it because I didn't want the display unit, it was an old stock! So the next day, I thought of going to Megamall first to buy a camera before proceeding to Intramuros but since Megamall is far from Intramuros, we had to detour, we eventually decided to visit the Starbucks-featured branch nearest to Megamall which is the Corinthinan Hills.
Well, I decided not to buy a camera that day, thank God, mi amiga Lianne was able to borrow her sister's digicam so I didn't have to rush that day. We used that camera and enjoyed our very first stop.
Just today, two weeks after the first stop, I have finally bought a digicam. It's not Lumix LX5, not Ricoh CX2 but Lumix LX3. I always believe in perfect timing, in blessings-in-disguise, in God's intervention. I believe that even in small decisions such as this, God sends forth circumstances, people to lead us to the right decision/path. That I guess is more than pleasant. :)
I am very happy with Lumix LX3, I have always wanted this but didn't buy it before because it was too expensive for me, but after more than a year of waiting, the price has gone down. ;) Aside from the capacity to produce good quality photos, I like Lumix LX3 because the lens of this Lumix model is Leica.
Leica is my ultimate dream camera but that's another story.;) To read more about Leica, click here.
Mi amiga Lianne and I would like to "document" our Starbucks adventure so having a camera is a must. I've been contemplating into buying a digicam, my third digicam, the first two malfunctioned only after a year of usage. I lived without a digicam for more than a year and only used my lomocam Chelsea.
I started looking for a digicam third week of January, I wanted to buy Lumix LX5 but found it too expensive so I looked for another brand, Ricoh. I learned about Ricoh from Daphne Osena-Paez, it is a Japanese brand. I found what "fits" my budget and Ricoh CX2 passed the quality of photo that I was looking for. The night before we had our first stop, I went to the mall to buy Ricoh CX2 but I was told that the display unit is the only one they have! I didn't buy it because I didn't want the display unit, it was an old stock! So the next day, I thought of going to Megamall first to buy a camera before proceeding to Intramuros but since Megamall is far from Intramuros, we had to detour, we eventually decided to visit the Starbucks-featured branch nearest to Megamall which is the Corinthinan Hills.
Well, I decided not to buy a camera that day, thank God, mi amiga Lianne was able to borrow her sister's digicam so I didn't have to rush that day. We used that camera and enjoyed our very first stop.
Just today, two weeks after the first stop, I have finally bought a digicam. It's not Lumix LX5, not Ricoh CX2 but Lumix LX3. I always believe in perfect timing, in blessings-in-disguise, in God's intervention. I believe that even in small decisions such as this, God sends forth circumstances, people to lead us to the right decision/path. That I guess is more than pleasant. :)
I am very happy with Lumix LX3, I have always wanted this but didn't buy it before because it was too expensive for me, but after more than a year of waiting, the price has gone down. ;) Aside from the capacity to produce good quality photos, I like Lumix LX3 because the lens of this Lumix model is Leica.
Leica is my ultimate dream camera but that's another story.;) To read more about Leica, click here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Powered by Blogger.
new year, new hope, new life, new me
Books on Queue
1. By the River Piedra, I Sat Down and Wept- Dec. 2010 - 28Jan. 2011
2. Love the One You are With- 30Jan. - 5Feb. 2011
3. The Power of Prayer to Change your Marriage
4. The Notebook
5. How to Wear High Heels- 6Mar. -
6. The Broker
7. One Fifth Avenue
8. One Day- 6Feb. - 5Mar. 2011
9. Dalai Lama's Little Book on Wisdom
10. Dalai Lama's Little Book of Inner Peace
11. Eleven Minutes
12. Green is the New Black
13. Tipping Point
14. Blink
15. Not Buying It
16. The Devil and Ms. Prym
2. Love the One You are With- 30Jan. - 5Feb. 2011
3. The Power of Prayer to Change your Marriage
4. The Notebook
5. How to Wear High Heels- 6Mar. -
6. The Broker
7. One Fifth Avenue
8. One Day- 6Feb. - 5Mar. 2011
9. Dalai Lama's Little Book on Wisdom
10. Dalai Lama's Little Book of Inner Peace
11. Eleven Minutes
12. Green is the New Black
13. Tipping Point
14. Blink
15. Not Buying It
16. The Devil and Ms. Prym
Things I Love...
Travel:
1. Cebu and Bohol - Mar. 2007
2. Boracay - Oct. 2008
3. Vigan and Laoag - May 2009
4. Laiya, Batangas (Acuatico) - May 2009
5. Malaysia and Singapore - Apr. 2010
6. Bagac, Bataan (Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar) - May 2010
7. Davao - Jan. 2011
Movies:
1. The Tourist - 9 Jan. 2011
2. Love and Other Drugs - 4 Feb. 2011
3. The Mechanic - 14 Feb. 2011
4. Unknown - 20 Feb. 2011
5. Just go with it - 25 Feb. 2011
1. Cebu and Bohol - Mar. 2007
2. Boracay - Oct. 2008
3. Vigan and Laoag - May 2009
4. Laiya, Batangas (Acuatico) - May 2009
5. Malaysia and Singapore - Apr. 2010
6. Bagac, Bataan (Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar) - May 2010
7. Davao - Jan. 2011
Movies:
1. The Tourist - 9 Jan. 2011
2. Love and Other Drugs - 4 Feb. 2011
3. The Mechanic - 14 Feb. 2011
4. Unknown - 20 Feb. 2011
5. Just go with it - 25 Feb. 2011
Starbucks Adventure
1. Cebu Ayala
2. Camp John Hay
3. Lipa
4. Solenad
5. Boracay
6. Corinthian Hills - 29 Jan. 2011
7. Katipunan
8. Intramuros
9. SM Sky Garden
10. Bacolod
11. Jupiter
12. Tagaytay
13. 32nd and 7th
2. Camp John Hay
3. Lipa
4. Solenad
5. Boracay
6. Corinthian Hills - 29 Jan. 2011
7. Katipunan
8. Intramuros
9. SM Sky Garden
10. Bacolod
11. Jupiter
12. Tagaytay
13. 32nd and 7th
More Lists...
Places to Explore:
Batanes
Bellarocca, Marinduque
Bacolod
Caramoan, Camarines Sur
Camiguin
Palawan
Seoul, South Korea
Paris, France
Rome and Venice, Italy
Barcelona and Madrid, Spain
Geneva, Switzerland
Prague, Czech Republic
United Kingdom
United States
Movies to watch:
Date Night
Inception
Twilight
New Moon
Eclipse
The Switch
Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
Valentine's Day
The Book of Eli
Alice in Wonderland
When in Rome
Back-up Plan
Shrek 3
Shrek 4
Toy Story 3
Taken
I am love
Titanic: How It Really Sank
The Kids Are All Right
The King's Speech
Black Swan
Batanes
Bellarocca, Marinduque
Bacolod
Caramoan, Camarines Sur
Camiguin
Palawan
Seoul, South Korea
Paris, France
Rome and Venice, Italy
Barcelona and Madrid, Spain
Geneva, Switzerland
Prague, Czech Republic
United Kingdom
United States
Movies to watch:
Date Night
Inception
Twilight
New Moon
Eclipse
The Switch
Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
Valentine's Day
The Book of Eli
Alice in Wonderland
When in Rome
Back-up Plan
Shrek 3
Shrek 4
Toy Story 3
Taken
I am love
Titanic: How It Really Sank
The Kids Are All Right
The King's Speech
Black Swan


0 comments:
Post a Comment